Whether you are a family of one or more, there is a place for you at West Mobile to believe, belong, & become! We will do our best to ensure that you have a pleasant experience here with us.
If you have any questions while you’re with us, just ask! We’ll be happy to help!
How Do I Get To The Church?
West Mobile Baptist Church is located 7501 Airport Blvd., Mobile, AL 36608 (between the intersections of Cody and Schillinger Roads). It is across from Academy Sports. The Hangar is our Student Building.
(251) 639-9952 | (251) 633-9825 | email@example.com
What Is The Sunday Schedule?
What Is The Wednesday Night Schedule?
Wednesday Night Schedule
Supper is served from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Reservations are due by Tuesday at noon.
All activities begin at 6:30 p.m. & usually end at 8 p.m. (summer schedule ends at 7:30) The Students start gathering at 5:15 and begin all group worship at 6:30.
Younger Preschool AWANA
Parents of preschoolers not old enough for AWANA (age 3 by Sept. 1) must be in Bible study, serving in a ministry, or at choir practice to leave your child in our care. We care for these young preschoolers from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. or until adult activity is completed.
Kids in Awana
Age 3 (by 9/1/16) through K4 meet upstairs. Grades K-6 are upstairs East Hallway, ROCK Room & Activity Room.
Students (grades 7-12)
Meet in the Hangar (Snack Supper for $3 starts at 5:15 p.m.).
The students attend college Bible study in the Thrive Room W-204 at 6:30 or attend choir practice, or help lead AWANA.
Bible Study & Prayer in the Worship Center. Choir Practice Meets in the Choir Room.
When Should I Arrive?
Plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the service or Bible study to allow time to park and find where you need to go.
If you have children or preschoolers, you’ll need time to register and receive a security number. The Worship services last just over 1 hour.
Where Should I Park?
There is marked parking for guests at the curb adjacent to the covered drive through. If those spaces are full, just pull around to the back of the building and park there.
- If you have preschoolers, you can check them in at the main entry info desk in the foyer.
- children go to Bible Study upstairs at 9:45; at 11:00 they can go to Kid’s worship (4th grade & younger). ReFuel Worship for 5th & 6th graders is held once per month in the hangar, usually the 3rd Sunday.
- If you have a student in grades 7-12, they meet in The Hangar at 9:45 a.m. (Sundays) for Bible Study (The Hangar is the gray building on Airport and McKenna Court). There are greeters at the door to help them find their way. If you come at 8:30 or 11, everyone goes to the Worship Center.
- Marked handicapped and guest parking is at our main entrance (west side of the building). We do have an elevator near the back entry. If you need the elevator, you can use the overhang pull-thru at the back of the building for closer access. Our worship, preschool, and some adult classes meet on the main floor. We will valet park your car. Just pull under the overhang and wave to one of the greeters and ask them.
Where Do I Go?
When you first arrive at the church, come to the Info Desk in our foyer. This area is just inside our main entrance at the brick covered drive-through. Other entrances are marked.
- If you need additional assistance, our parking lot attendants and greeters will be available.
- Restrooms are just off the foyer and at both ends of each hallway upstairs and downstairs.
- Ask at the preschool desk or info desk for nursing & diaper changing areas. They are located in the nursery near the back preschool entry.
- If you have students, just drop them off at the door of The Hangar. Greeters are ready to help them find their spot.
How Do I Dress?
While some attendees do wear their “Sunday best,” others wear more casual clothes on Sunday morning. Dress comfortably and come on!
What Do I Bring?
If you have a Bible, bring it with you. Our pastor usually preaches from the New King James version of the Bible and uses a printed teaching outline both on our bulletin and on an overhead screen. You can use any version of Scripture you wish. We have Bibles available if you need one. If you have preschoolers, bring a diaper bag. Mark any cups or other items with your child’s name.
What Kind of Music Will I Hear?
From our inception we have been committed to excellence in praise and celebrative worship. The music includes a mix of contemporary worship music with hymns & choruses accompanied by piano, guitars, keyboard & drums.
How Can I Connect?
When you enter the Worship Center, you will be given a bulletin with information about our church and the service. Please fill out the detachable communication card (tear off) to register your attendance and request additional information and prayer requests.
This card can be placed in the offering basket or in the wooden offering boxes as you exit the Worship Center.
As our guest, please do not feel obligated to participate in the offering. Our members support the ministry of the church and you are considered our guest.
The INFO desk in the foyer is the place for you to ask any questions. We are here to help.
What About Grow Groups?
Our grow groups are the heart of our church. You cannot fully experience our church without being plugged into one of our Bible Study grow groups. They are called grow groups because it should help you grow in your relationship with God, enrich your relationships with others, and more closely connect you into the life of our church.
Ask a greeter to help you find a Sunday morning group. Bible study groups are offered for preschool, children, students, & adults at 9:45 a.m. every Sunday.
We have both men’s and women’s groups and couples groups from newly married to senior adults. You can also be a part of a group that meets at another time during the week. Check with a greeter for a grow group listing (found in guest packets), Singles of any age are welcome to go into the group of their choice.
Is WeMo Handicapped Accessible?
Handicapped parking is available in the marked spaces nearest to our main entrance. If the spaces are full, simply pull up to the front entrance and we will assist you. We have an elevator to assist in reaching upper floors of our building. Our worship area, preschool, and many adult classes are on the main floor.
Nursery through Age 4
We offer an active preschool Bible study for bed babies through Pre-K for all church wide events. Check with the info desk or a director in the hallway to ensure your child is being placed in the correct room.
Nursing moms are welcome to use our nursing room to feed your baby. If you need another location, please ask a teacher in the nursery for assistance.
Kindergarten through Grade 6
Children are involved in Bible study in rooms by grade level on the 2nd floor at 9:45 a.m.
During the 11 a.m. Worship Service:
Children K-4th grade can go to the R.O.C.K. (Rally of Christian Kids) on the same hallway for a fantastic worship service with excellent Bible teaching. Children will not be released without pre-approval, you will need to pick them up at the ROCK after services.
Children in grades 5-6 are invited to a monthly ReFuel Service in The Hangar.
Students (Grades 7-12)
College students participate in Bible Study upstairs in W-204 in the main building at 9:45. Breakfast is provided each Sunday. They join us for worship either at 8:30 or 11:00 a.m. Most college students sit in the right side section of the worship center (as facing front). If you identify yourself as a college student at the info desk, we will introduce you to some other students to sit with during the service.
What About Security?
We take child security seriously.
Each preschooler must be registered before entering a Bible study class.
- You and your preschooler will be assigned a security number tag.
- The number will be used to alert you in the service in case you are needed.
- The tag must be shown to pick up your child.
Additional security is also in place to ensure safety for everyone in our building and parking lot. If you have concerns, please inform someone at the greeter desk. We want you and your children to feel safe and secure in our building.
All workers in classrooms with minors have completed a background screening. A security team is on duty during every service.
Do You Have Questions?
No problem! Give us a shout & we’ll be happy to answer any concerns or questions.
(251) 639-9952 | (251) 633-9825 | firstname.lastname@example.org